Rise up to the top of Google Search Results
There are many SEO (Search Engine Optimization) factors involved in bringing your domain to the top of Google search results. The trouble is that, all things being equal, these factors are known and used by all your competitors as well, including the major multi billion dollar corporations that you hope to surpass. In fact, nearly all the SEO tricks you are using can be used by your competitors too.
You can write new articles every day and create new back links by the thousands, yet you may still not be able to beat those guys at the top. Remember, if you are just starting out, they have existed much longer than you, have page ranks much higher than you and many more backlinks.
So how do you beat them?
There is one SEO factor which can be unique to your own site: your domain name!
Therefore, you start by creating a domain name which includes the highest frequency keywords for your market niche, thereby creating what’s called a “keyword optimized” domain.
For example, in the credit card market, it is more useful to have a domain called creditcards.com, as opposed to something like visa.com. A search on google.com using the keywords “credit cards” will produce the results in the image below.
Search Engine Optimization
As you can see, the first site in the results is creditcards.com (sitting below the advertised sites of course), followed by major corporations such as visa.com, mastercard.com, americanexpress.com and so on. How does this happen, that a small company like creditcards.com gets to beat these other larger companies? The answer is, they have a domain name that contains the exact most frequently typed keywords in the market. This is a good example of the value of having an SEO optimized domain name and you are sure to will find this phenomenon in almost every niche you research.
Then how do you find out which keywords are the best for your company so that you can choose the most appropriate and financially rewarding domain?
Well, you first have to know what the most used keywords are with reference to your market niche. For this reason we use Market Samurai here at #One Internet Marketing, a software that does all the research for us and saves us hundreds of man hours. You just type in your market keywords and it gives you the best, most frequently searched for, most relevant keywords for that market. Market Samurai is your best choice of software to find the top domain(s) for your market niche. Market Samurai does reveal many other internet marketing factors too. Best you try it out yourself. It’s free for 7 days and so far the best ever internet marketing tool there is. I have no idea what we would do without it!
Moreover, having an SEO optimized domain magnifies the value of every article you write and every link you create, thereby pushing your site further up in the rankings. This means you, David, can work less and yet attain the same results, if not better, as your long standing Goliath competitors.
In addition to the internet marketing wonders of Market Samurai, which go way further than keyword research, we offer below some tips for building your sites in such a way as to get the best results:
- Choose a keyword relevant domain. Having understood the importance of keyword optimised domains, when you sign up for your hosting account, always choose a keyword relevant domain.
- Do research for the most frequently searched keywords. Always take the time to research the keywords relevant to your market niche carefully. Don’t make assumptions on high frequency keywords; people will always surprise you in terms of what they type in their searches. Remember that the work you put in to create the right domain will pay off ten-fold later on.
- Park other currently used domains. If you already have a domain, you can always “park” it to your main domain, so that both sites show the same content. Beware; you can only submit ONE of your domain names to the search engine, otherwise you will produce duplicated content.
- Registering your site and avoiding duplicated content. Bare in mind that Google does not take kindly to duplicated content. Therefore, it’s best to only submit to Google your main domain, leaving out any “parked” domains you may have. Never tell Google about your website more than once.
- No multiple sitemaps. For the same reason, do not make multiple site maps. There can only be one sitemap per website, not per domain name.
- Register your website with Google. The best way to register your site with Google, is to go to Google Webmaster Tools and add your sitemap there. Upload and Verify your sitemap.
- Buy competitive domains. With the above in mind, go ahead and buy as many competitive domains as you can afford. This will keep your competitors from buying these domains and using them to beat you in the search results position.
- Localize your URL with international domain names. If your business is relevant to a particular location, it’s best to acquire the domain relevant to that location, in addition to the main domain. If, for example, you are targeting the English market, it is wise to acquire the English url, e.g. yourbusiness.co.uk, in addition to yourbusiness.com.
We strongly recommend that you purchase Market Samurai today so that you can be one step ahead of your competitors, before you even start your internet business. The best part is that you can save $ 50 by clicking the above link and buy Market Samurai within the next 7 days.
We will be publishing more website building and SEO tips on our site in the future, so do sign up to our newsletter, to receive notifications of our newest articles.