Why Use WordPress? – To make the Internet a Better Place!
Every business needs to develop a well designed and professional looking website these days; that’s a fact! Today the internet is more competitive than it ever was and tomorrow it will be even more competitive! Therefore you will need an easily updatable, user friendly, and high ranked website, to be able to succeed with your business and stay ahead of your competitors!
Websites that have been built in pure html or in older and meanwhile unsupported content management systems are loosing continuously on ranking. The previously top ranked websites are loosing ground and old and well situated businesses are starting to struggle because their online income has been reduced drastically. What happened are the latest Google algorithm updates which disqualified ‘over optimized’ websites. If this has happened to you, or if your website is still in old html and has been manually set up, it’s time to budgetize a new website! Do it BEFORE your site drops! Once your site has dropped out of the top 30, your webmaster will have his share on problems to get it back up to the top.
Now the differences with WordPress compared to a conventional html website or any other modern CMS like Drupal or Joomla, are impressive, to say the least! Websites will be much more efficient, easy to use and to update and you can do a lot more with it. Websites can be changed and get a new layout fast and at any time. WordPress is the CMS we use here at ONE Internet Marketing and I can personally recommend WordPress to anybody who wants to succeed online!
Some of the most important reasons why to use WordPress for your business website.
- Popularity – WordPress is the most used content management system (CMS) in the world today. Millions of users are using WordPress for their business and private websites. Therefore WordPress has grown a huge community of developers for the core files and an even greater community of people who develop thousands of plugins that can add additional functionality to WordPress. There is not much that I cannot do with WordPress today!
- WordPress is SEO Friendly – Besides good content, search engine optimization (SEO), is the most important part of your online success. Much of your website’s traffic will come from the major search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. Getting listed on the first page of these search engines is a challenge and the daily growing competition doesn’t make it easier. Thus, having a search engine friendly business website can help you to reach your goal. There are many WordPress plugins, that have been developed to help efficiently with SEO on your site.
- Social Media Marketing – An other reason why to use WordPress is social marketing. Websites that have been built in WordPress, have excellent social marketing capabilities, to help build your business on a local level by connecting it to Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites. There are various plugins available for free that will help you to connect all your social site pages to your main website and you can then automatically publish to these social networking sites when you post on your site. This will enable you to ‘share’ more of your content on your social networks, make it ‘viral’ and get more people to come to your website and see what your business has to offer.
- WordPress is easy to use – You do not need a PhD nor do you need to know much HTML or PHP coding to create your own WordPress website. Everything is coded for you and it is basically a matter of putting everything into place. Instead of building your website from scratch, all you need to do is adding your content, such as videos, images and well written and optimized texts. WordPress makes it easy for you to do everything right that Google requires for a site to be ranked high.
- Adding New Content – Adding fresh content to your website regularly is very important to maintain a good search engine position for your desired keywords. Using WordPress makes it much easier to manage and update your website content. It will take you just minutes to create new pages or posts with a simple text editor in your website’s admin section.
- WordPress Support – Things break! That’s a fact. Even though WordPress is the most sophisticated CMS of modern times, sometimes something can go wrong. But no worries, anytime you have problems with your website there is an extensive support system for WordPress available. Simply write your problem into Google search and you will find an answer or a solution that works!
- Professionally Designed WordPress Theme Templates – You can find hundreds of professionally designed website themes for WordPress for free on the internet. These themes come in a variety of designs, layouts and color and styles. Although the free theme templates can be customized, they may deny you access to certain parts of the theme layout, where they have coded their own links into the theme. To avoid this we strongly recommend to use WordPress Premium Themes for your business website. The cost of a well designed WordPress theme varies between 5 and 100 $. You can usually get what you need for around 50$. With a premium theme you don’t have to leave unwanted links on your website!
- Functionality – WordPress functionality, that is great by itself already, can be increased through so called ‘Plugins’ are little modules that provide different features for your website. There are already thousands of free plugins available from which you can choose. You can add guestbooks or shopping carts, add the local weather or a tidal calendar, you can add a booking software for your hotel or dive center or anything else you can think of. Plugins can easily be installed from within the WordPress admin section.
- Easy to make Changes and Update – You can easily freshen up your website with a new layout or design. You can simply choose, upload and activate a new WordPress theme and it will override the previous theme without changing the content of your website. You will have to do some adjustments in design and in the way you have put things to make it look right in the new theme, but nothing you need a PhD for again! Updating WordPress is easy today and mostly a matter of a few clicks. Beware though, there are some plugins that need special attention, you should read the manuals!
- Blogging Capability – Since the WordPress CMS was originally developed as a blogging software. it can not only manage your whole business site, it also gives you the ability of blogging. Blogging is a kind of writing a monthly, weekly or even daily journal about what is happening in your business. Blogging gives your website new content and has become invaluable for many businesses. ready.
WordPress has more advantages like Web 2 capabilities, RSS feeds, pingbacks, automating publication pinging and much more, but these ten points should be enough to convince anybody who wants to start a business website to at least try WordPress. We recommend that when you are engaging a webmaster for your internet marketing efforts, ask him to build your website in WordPress! It is safe, it is easy to install and it can do all you will ever need!